InstaRecon® CBR Premium™ is the world’s fastest reconstruction engine for Micro-CT. CBR Premium runs on a single PC, reconstructing images up to 15K x 15K in cross-section. Cluster licenses are available for distributing large reconstruction jobs on up to four nodes, or for running up to 4 independent reconstruction jobs on different nodes concurrently.
Download the InstaRecon CBR Brochure (PDF)
Free one-month demo
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a free one-month demo of InstaRecon® CBR Premium™. Please use subject line “CBR Demo”.
More brain than brawn. Based on patented algorithms, the InstaRecon® CBR reconstruction engine provides a new way to do the computation, rather than throwing more hardware at the problem.
Accelerated Reconstruction. InstaRecon® CBR provides speedups of 10x to 100x compared to the fastest CPU-based reconstruction software, and 2x to 10x compared to GPU-based solutions.
Seamless Integration with all Bruker/SkyScan micro-CT
and nano-CT scanners. Provided as the standard reconstruction engine with all new large image format systems, and available as an upgrade to existing installations.
Why Should You Get InstaRecon® CBR?
Increase the throughput of your micro-CT scanner and accelerate the pace of discovery. Quickly close the loop around the micro-CT experiment and make the most out of your investment.
InstaRecon® CBR is whisper-quiet and green. Save precious space in your lab or server room by eliminating the extra PCs and hardware you would need with other solutions, and cut down electricity and cooling costs.
InstaRecon® CBR is future-proof. Unlike massive hardware-based solutions, a single, moderate cost PC upgrade is all that is needed to benefit from increasing processor speeds.
- PC Platform – 2x Xeon @ 3.1 GHz (16 total cores), 128 GB RAM, 4x3TB SATA 7200 in RAID0, Windows 7
- PC+GPU Platform – Above PC Platform + GTX 590
- Tesla GPU Cluster – 8x Telsa C2075, 2x Xeon @ 3.46 GHz (12 total cores), 144 GB RAM, 2x300GB SSD in RAID0, Windows 7
|Cross section format||1K x 1K||2K x 2K||4K x 4K||8K x 8K||15K x 15K|
|Number of cross sections||615||1,229||2,255||2,495||2,610|
|Number of projections||499||996||1,990||2,157||8,100|
|Bruker-microCT NRecon (1 PC)||238||sec||3480||sec||913||min||3552||min||*1440||hr|
|Bruker-microCT NRecon (4 PC)||43||683||180||700||*336|
|Bruker-microCT GPURecon (1 PC + GPU)||21||247||62||275||140|
|Bruker-microCT GPURecon (4 PC + GPU)||12||84||24||82||*45|
|Bruker-microCT GPURecon (Tesla GPU Cluster)||14||98||19||68||19|
|InstaRecon CBR (1 PC)||12||80||9||43||10|
Version 188.8.131.52 (10-26-15)
- Windows 10 Support
- Shortscan Bug Fixes
Version 184.108.40.206 (9-10-15)
- Variable Ring Artifact Correction
- Custom Air Intensity
- Elliptical ROI
- Performance Enhancements
- Bug Fixes
Version 220.127.116.11 (9-16-14)
- Bug fixes
Version 18.104.22.168 (5-21-14)
- Image Quality improvements
- Performance Upgrades
- Bug fixes
Version 22.214.171.124 (1-3-14)
- Now supports 15K x 15K reconstructions
Version 126.96.36.199 (9-26-12)
- Bug fix for TIF header
Version 188.8.131.52 (8-6-12)
- Bug fix for supporting older version of NRecon Client (pre 1.6.7)
Version 184.108.40.206 (5-25-12)
- Enabled remote desktop capability
Version 220.127.116.11 (2-10-12)
- Bug fix for parallel beam reconstruction
Version 18.104.22.168 (11-9-11)
- Bug fix for Dead Detector removal
Version 22.214.171.124 (8-23-11)
- Improved stability of large reconstructions
- Adding PNG header tag for HU
Version 126.96.36.199 (7-11-11)
- Improved Stability on user cancel
- More accurate percentage progress reported
- Improved stability in reconsctructions
Version 188.8.131.52 (7-5-11)
- Upgrade to 12 threads
- Bug fixes for reconstructions
Version 184.108.40.206 (5-25-11)
- Added PNG support
- Improved performance scaling to multiple threads
- Bug fixes